When you lead by example, you create a picture of what’s possible. People can look at you and say, “Well, if [she] can do it, I can do it.” When you lead by example, you make it easy for others to follow you. – Bruna Marinuzzi
Being brave enough to take a first step towards anything new is always a challenge. The alternative, though, is to stay on the “path of least resistance,” even though it may be taking you in the wrong direction. If you’ve discovered that your path is not heading towards happiness and fulfillment – and you don’t know how to change that – then the Speakers at The CREATIVE CHANGE-MAKING Conference may be exactly the people to meet. These individuals are leading by example with journeys of inspiration that highlight courage, creativity, and passion.
MOCHA OCHOA-NANA (Panel Speaker)
Mocha is the Founder and CEO of the public relations firm The Oracle Group International in Washington D.C. She is a literary entrepreneur who passionately seeks best-selling author status for her clients by connecting with local, national, and global communities. She is also a literary activist who:
- co-founded the NAACP Author Pavilion at their Annual Convention;
- served as Diversity Chair for The National Book Festival;
- created the International Women’s Book Club Summit, The Silver Spring Book Festival, and The Soul of South Florida Book Festival:
- consulted on the development of The National Press Club’s Annual Book Fair, and the National Council of Negro Women’s Author Pavilion at the National Family Reunion; and
- founded the Reading Across Continents initiative, an interactive cross-cultural literary exchange project connecting students, teachers, and authors in international book clubs, and book discussions around the world.
My questions: What kind of education/background/work experience did you have when you started your own company? How do you get a book festival off the ground? How do you create a global initiative with three different stakeholders? How the heck did you find the time for all of this?
These are just a few of the questions I’d love to ask Mocha during the afternoon panel session on May 26th. I bet you’ve got a list of your own!
~ Debbie MacLeod
The CREATIVE CHANGE-MAKING Conference has been organized to showcase local heroes, individuals from within our own communities, who are creating their own path, leading by example, and following their dreams through purposeful work.
Intrigued? Come listen to the stories. Ask questions. Be inspired to change your life!