VENUE | LOCATION | FINANCIAL
The historic Fort Langley Community Hall was formally opened in 1931 and continues to operate year-round as the host to a wide variety of community events. Fort Langley Library also shares the ground floor space. The Fort Langley Community Improvement Society has initiated a discussion on upgrades to the property with two design concepts currently on the table. Timelines are unclear, and it is unknown if the plaza will be under construction during our event on May 26, 2018.
The CREATIVE CHANGE-MAKING Conference will be held primarily in the upstairs Ballroom with Registration, light breakfast, and breaks set up in the Meeting room on the ground floor.
- Wheelchair Access: Wheelchair users may access the Ballroom via a ramp at the rear of the building. There is a curb cut to allow smooth passage. The Exhibitor room is accessible from the exterior of the building, as well, via ground level doorways (no step). Unfortunately, inside access from the Ballroom to the Meeting room is via stairs. There is not an elevator, which means wheelchair users will have to exit the building, descend the ramp, then enter via a ground floor door.
- Seating: Concert style seating will be used, which means chairs are moveable, and wheelchairs will be able to be accommodated in a number of different locations.
- Restrooms: There is a small powder room on the upper floor, and full men’s and women’s washrooms on the ground floor. Please note the library will be open for most of the day, and the public will also be using the ground floor restrooms.
- Temperature Control: Air conditioning, ceiling fans, and heat controls in the Ballroom are accessible to the organizers. We will monitor the temperature with the comfort of attendees in mind.
- Photo Gallery: To view a full range of Interior Upper Floor, Interior Lower Floor, and Exterior photos, please click here.
Fort Langley is a village of approximately 3,400 residents within the Township of Langley. It is situated on the Fraser River, on the traditional territory of the Katzie, Kwantlen, and Matsqui First Nations. For a complete description of almost everything there is to see and do in the area, please click here.
- Local Public Transit: Route C62 – Langley Centre / Walnut Grove, a community shuttle bus. Route and timetable information.
- Greyhound: Vancouver Pacific Central Station to Langley Greyhound Bus Station. Fares and schedules.
- Route 66 Fraser Valley Express (FVX): Chilliwack to Langley. Fares and schedules.
- Cycling: Bike rack available near Fort Langley Library entrance.
- Carpool & Parking: Free event parking is available at rear of building. Additional parking is on the adjacent south side Township of Langley parking lot, accessed from 96th Avenue.
This is a passion project. We’re not a business, and we don’t have corporate partners. We believe it’s important to pay our speakers, so for that reason, we must charge registration fees. However, we are offering Early Bird rates to kick off ticket sales.
Additional information will be released as it becomes available.
The CREATIVE CHANGE-MAKING Conference has been organized to showcase local heroes, individuals from within our own communities, who are creating their own path, leading by example, and following their dreams through purposeful work.
Intrigued? Come listen to the stories. Ask questions. Be inspired to change your life!